Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 3 Door Clio - Reseal rear passenger window glass

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 20th January 2012
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,852 Posts
Re: 3 Door Clio - Reseal rear passenger window glass

Hi there, the picture shows a lot of water on the trim, but I can't see the seal or the window.

Removing a window is quite an involved job, which obviously once started, leaves the car in a vunerable condition.

Window seals seldom leak in the truest sense (unless they show signs of cracking?), I suspect it may be the metal frame which has corroded and is allowing a gap to exist.

In other words, you can go to a lot of effort & expense and not be in a better position to repair the leak, (unless you can weld, etc).

Personally, I would get someone to peel back the seal from the bodywork, whilst you apply a bead of this stuff around the entire window t_Accessories_SM&hash=item230743ef21, and monitor it from then.

The last thing you want it to either find yourself unable to fix this/replace the window/create a leak elsewhere on the frame.

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome