Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Loose Wiring Loom Cover Cutting Into ECU Loom*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #69 of (permalink) Old 22nd January 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio 2 - Loose Wiring Loom Cover Cutting Into ECU Loom*FIXED*

Hi there, First time poster long time reader!

I have been reading through this thread over the weekend and matched it to a smiliar fault I have been having on my Clio. I have a 1.2 16v 2001 clio which when starting (hot or cold) after a small amount of throttle the Engine managment and Wiring loom lights come on on the dash and the car begins to rev between 0-2500 revs then stalls. upon turning the engine back on the lights will re-appear and it will start revving up and down again unless I stick my foot on the accelerator at about 4000 revs for 30 seconds the light will go off and engine will be smooth as anything. Not so much fun when im in traffic as to be blunt. It is a right ball ache.

Now to the point in hand I believe this "crash box" may be the problem I am having aswell as causing other electrical faults. I located and began to remove the black box as alot of you guys mentioned but after 15-20 mins of spinning with a small allan key the mechanism became locked and unable to spin any further. So far I have broken 3 allan keys and a drill bit as well as bending many others. It simply will not spin any further and the lid is still stuck tight on it. I have tried re-screweing it the opposite way all the way to the start and trying again but still it reaches the point of no more spinning and as such im left pretty much where i started.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem when trying to remove the box? and if so how did you overcome it?

My patience is rapidly dwindling and am considering using a sledge hammer. Please help!
Currently in Alexeh's garage:
2001 Renault Clio 1.2 16v "sport"
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome