Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Moisture in headlamp

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 22nd January 2012
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Re: Moisture in headlamp

I dont know about the HID unit, but the normal halogen one are sealed good and proper - I know because I tried to split one and failed

I sealed it back up knowing I couldn't do much more without damaging the unit and was expecting to have moisture problems afterwards but either I sealed it really good or I didn't get anywhere near breaking the factory bonding. I've done the same with the headlamps on my Alfa Romeo, managed to split them fully, paint, reseal, but they never sealed 100%.

I've read that you can expect a bit of condensation in newer car lights for some reason, but if you have a fair amount then I would leave the caps etc off, drive around with the headlights on till they dry our and then try to ascertain where the moisture is getting in from.
Currently in TazzyK's garage:
Renault Clio 1.4 16v Privilege (2004), Renault Megane 1.5 dCi 106 Expression (2005), Volkswagon Passat 2.0 TDi S (2006), Alfa Romeo 159 2.4 JTDm QTronic Lusso (2008)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome