Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #223 of (permalink) Old 23rd January 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

Hi there!

First of all, great post. Followed it exactly and managed to squeeze through and get access to the resistor pack. A lot of patience is required but worth it! As suspected, the wiring loom had melted.

Now when I bought the vehicle, there was an extended 3 year warranty with the car (due to it being a used car purchase) and after a year, all the faults of the car just piled on to it. The fan heater blower packed in with no settings working (just in time for winter!), the handbrake computer system has developed a fault where it wont release the cable properly and therefore constantly reads an error on the dashboard, the timing belt is due for replacement (thats just standard though) and a few other niggles have popped up.

Now after speaking to my garage about getting the heater blower working after it failed, they informed me that it was not covered under warranty and i would have to pay 394.16 to replace it all. Oh and I also would have to pay an extra 90 for a diagnostic.

I rang Renault Customer services who said they would sort it all out, they paid for the diagnostic which then returned a shed load of more faults and upped the total repair cost to 1617.87!! To which renault UK would sort it all out and get back to me. After 5 days of hearing nothing, I rang the garage only to be told that nothing was under warranty and that I would have to cover the cost.

This is rediculous and quite frankly has put me off renault. For them to not get back to me when they had made a decision, but also to not honour a warranty (they said that they make constant modifications to their vehicles and the old wiring loom fault was just wear and tear) is shocking. I understand not everything will be covered but wear and tear on a wiring loom? Wear and tear my ****!!

So much so I am now looking for another car. A shame really as in the year it worked it served me well, but this is just taking the mickey.

Just thought I'd share my story

Cheers all!
Currently in blacky47's garage:
2006 Renault Grand Scenic 1.6 VVT Oasis
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome