Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Highest Mileage Car.. post your mileage

View Single Post
post #659 of (permalink) Old 23rd January 2012
Inveterate Bodger
Nominated 0 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Highest Mileage Car.. post your mileage

Originally Posted by OCookies View Post
Noble M12 - 165k =snip=
Not to bad considering im only 25 :D
NB: Cars raced in Forza or GT don't count...

(165,000 in an M12? The fuel alone must have cost over 50,000...)

Originally Posted by samdog19 View Post
Just bought this Clio 93,000 miles but saw one on e bay with 148,000 for sale
I think that may be the Privelege DCi100 that I was going to go have a look at but didn't have time. The "not quite 150k, honest, guv" mileage sounds familiar.

Originally Posted by mallet3535 View Post
ha old 1963 cack box landrover has done the clock & started again....
That's only five digits in one of them though isn't it :D
Still, "which scrapyard will your car be in when it's this old?"

Originally Posted by skyhawk84 View Post
I had a 1985 R25 gts from 2 years old, when I sold it it had done 275,000 miles, and was still on the original clutch and engine.
How? Did you double declutch / clutchless rev-match every shift, always engage it at idle revs in 1st and never take it above 3000rpm in any gear?

Originally Posted by seebass View Post
2005 renault traffic 274800 miles and now dead R.I.P
This may be our new benchmark. Has anyone got the motivation to scan the whole thread and find out what the highest posted figure is? The only one I see close in the previous five pages is someone having *seen* something for sale with 200 more miles on it.

Clio II-2, 118,000 & a bit miles at present, reporting in. Got some by now well documented running faults, the handling feels a bit off, and the engine sounds like a bag of angry scissors at cruise even when everything's working properly, but it's otherwise cherry.
Currently in tahrey's garage:
Honda CG125, Scott Voltage MX5, dirt, lots of random bottles and tools, porktastic Clio III DCi, dodgy shelves...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome