Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Inserting the Fascia for a New Radio.....Problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 27th September 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Red face Inserting the Fascia for a New Radio.....Problem

I bought my mum a new car radio for her birthday and all the wiring up went fine no problem. The only problem I have had is that the radio fascia I bought from Halfords doesn't click in position. She drives a Megane Scenic R reg and I bought a FP-08-00 radio fascia.

The fascia goes in no problem and the 2 plastic clips on the bottom of it clip into position in the dashboard. The two clips on the top of the radio fascia do not clip to the top of the inside of the dashboard though. When I look I see that the clips of the radio fascia are too long (by about 6mm) to clip into place.

I am just wondering if other scenic drivers have had this problem? Or am I just missing something?

I drive a Megane R reg 1.6 RT and used this same radio fascia type for my car radio. My installation was free however (a promo through Argos). I thought I could do this myself. So far my option is to cut some of the length of the plastic clips off to make the fascia fit. I took a pic of it and I'll try and link it to this thread later tonight as I'm in work at the moment.

Hope someone actually understands this. Thanks
  5 Lastest Threads by the39steps
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Inserting the Fascia for a New Radio.....Problem Electronics Phil 55 1 1110 27th September 2006 10:33 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome