Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 60 Plate Laguna Loss Of Power

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 24th January 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
60 Plate Laguna Loss Of Power

I purchased a Renault Laguna Sport Tourer dci 1.5 back in October 2010.
Just after Christmas 2011 I noticed that it was “sluggish” in pulling away; over the course of a week it gradually lost more and more power and struggled badly to get up a hill at 4,500 revs in 1st gear. Under the terms of the Renault Warranty I called out the AA who attempted to fix it to no avail. It was towed to the dealership where it was bought for repair. I had to go to collect a hire car from Enterprise. After the car had been in the garage for a day, they admitted that they had no idea what the fault is. As they didn’t want to pay for the cost of a hire car that car had to be returned to be replaced by a courtesy car from the garage – a 2 door Clio. 2 ˝ weeks down the line and the car is still not fixed.

They have so far: Checked the fuel, including draining and re-filling the tank
Changed the egr valve
Changed the turbo
Checked the wiring harnessChecked the air flow meter
Checked the exhaust system

The computer diagnostic system comes up with no faults yet they quite readily accept that the car is not safe to drive. The garage is poor at keeping me informed and the latest call yesterday was along the lines of they have done all they can do and are waiting for Renault Technical to advise. As they consider I have a courtesy car there is apparently no urgency.

How long should I reasonably expect to be told they are still working on the car? Having looked at the very vague warranty, I am unsure on what my rights are with respect to a courtesy car. At the moment I am paying for the Clio to be on my insurance. Would it be reasonable to expect a like for like car – a 2 door car with 3 children and a dog (which is not allowed) is not good long term! Any help/pointers would be much appreciated.

And, of course, if anyone knows what the problem is PLEASE let me know!!

Many Thanks
Currently in abiroserunning's garage:
2010 Renault Laguna Sport Tourer 1.5 dCi
  5 Lastest Threads by abiroserunning
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
60 Plate Laguna Loss Of Power Cars & motoring hondo 1 908 24th January 2012 08:24 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome