Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electric handbrake grand scenic 1.6 2005

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 26th January 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Re: Electric handbrake grand scenic 1.6 2005

Originally Posted by Gonescenile View Post
I suppose if you remove the N/S/R wheel you could try pulling the cable and lever back to the released position. I wouldn't be over confident it's going to work, but it's better than doing nothing.
If you do get it released it might be worth getting to a garage and get the diagnostic equipment plugged in to see if it shows up any issues and if any fault can be cleared.
I don't know if anyone has had the motor repaired/rewound or if it CAN actually be done but that would be a far cheaper repair than replacing the whole lot.
If you do cut the cables to release the brakes, then you'll need to replace the unit as the cables are not available as separate parts.
Once again, good luck.
Yes thats exactly the quandry Im in at the moment. I know as soon as I cut that cable there is no going back. If someone could rewind or repair these motors they would be on to a winner. I did ask one company if its possible but they really need to see the actual unit. There is another option Ive been thinking about.There is a bolt on the rear of the caliper that seems to holds the handbrake pulley mechanism. Has anyone ever tried to remove that ?
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome