Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - solid brake pedal

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 28th January 2012 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 14 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Re: solid brake pedal

Originally Posted by unklemunkey00 View Post
I checked mine the other day, You have to remove the rear inner arch liner on the drivers side front wheel to get to the check valve which is a one way valve, to see if its working just remove the pipe off of it and pull it from the servo, it will be hard to pull out but you just need to twist and pull. blow through both sides to see if it is working in one direction, if you can blow through both sides then its faulty. If this isnt the problem then stick a vaccuum gauge onto the pipe that you removed to see if there is a vaccuum being created. If you dont have a vaccuum gauge then just block the hole with your finger and it should suck your finger.
if i get a chance i will have a look in the morning before hand take around the block just in case its my imagination
one thing since putting a new wheel tyre on the drivers side it is pulling to one side (right) as though the brakes are binding i will check that again while i am at it make sure the caliper is ok
thanks to you both for the help any other tips to look out for on this kangoo as it seems i get one thing sorted then the next week i am working on it again this has been going on for 5-6 weeks
Currently in bugsb's garage:
MGF 1.8 1999/ honda hrv 2002/ x type jag se 2005
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome