Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - new key for megane

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 27th September 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by dartslf View Post
I to am in the same key boat,only got the 1.I have been told it possible to have the keys re programed by an auto electrician with the right kit.I have got a blank key from ebay and the key cutting place in the local market will cut it for me,the bit of the key with the button i picked up from my local salvage yard,will let you know if i have any success.
Good luck
Hi Guys,
I can confirm that it is possible to have a key programmed by an auto electrician, as I had two done recently.
I had a guy program them on my drive for 45, with an AD100 programmer. All you need to supply are the keys and the supp. key number (an 8 digit security code). My number was printed in my service book.

I cannot confirm whether a secondhand key can be programmed, but I don't see why not (unless the chip is write-once). Renault will refuse to program secondhand plips.

Anyone who says that phase 2 plips come from France pre-coded is wrong. Phase 1 keys are pre-coded NOT phase 2 , as mine was picked straight from the shelf at my local Renault dealers (I didn't have to order it).

Hope this helps!
Currently in andy.d1's garage:
2003 Megane 2 1.4 16v and 1998 Laguna 2.2dt estate
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome