Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - windscreen washer jets & wiper sync.

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 30th January 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: windscreen washer jets & wiper sync.

Regards your windscreen washers.

I eventually found that the feed tube/pipe was rubbing on another tube/pipe in that area, and had developed a small hole which obviously became bigger,,but out of sight. I had noticed over time the washer refilled seemed to exhaust rather quickly,,, Hmm!"
I think it was an air conditioning pipe it was rubbing on. The result was variable pressure to the washer jets; it only takes a little change in temperature or vibration to change the leak orifice thus the spray area and direction changes. Another factor is the actual jet/s positioning in the holder, this can flex, again temperature and vibration with settling being the most important so try and get the jet to remain fixed by wiggling it about to find a happy settled position, this can take a some patience and time spent on it on different occasions.
True all this should not need doing but we live in a world today where products are not given the attention they ideally should be before marketing, wrong people in the job with accountants and project managers determining whatís what,,, rather than an engineer,, ..

As an additional comment, I find that I must use a little fairy liquid added to the bottle, not to much or to little and this does remove the grease present on todayís roads from staying on your windscreen, of course this is not what a manufacturer would want sprayed on the body but its the devils choice, easy does it and its fine. Also if in a car wash DO NOT have a wax wash on the windscreen, I always get the best wash without the wax, most modern cars donít need the wax these days. I hope all this ramble helps. Best wishes.
Currently in specie8472's garage:
grand modus 1.5 dci 86 Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome