Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - An alarming situation

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 28th September 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Back when it was new, I struggled to find an alarm that would interface to the central locking on my 98 Laguna RXE. In the end, I took Renault's own 'Gold' offering, which turned out to be a Sigma unit.

It didn't have total closure, and I think this would have bumped up the price significantly. If you're going to go for remote start, then bear in mind that it's not strictly legal in this country, and that you'd probably need to send the ECU away to have the transponder immobiliser disabled.

Mine had the auto locking enabled, but it caused one or two problems, mainly with dealers managing to lock the keys in the car. On one occasion (when I was having a new key programmed) they actually managed to lock both keys in there. As the owner, you'll get into the habit of winding the driver's window down if you're ever leaving the keys in the car, even for a short time (though if you get total closure too, even that won't help.)
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome