Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Is this typical Renault dealer service ?

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 28th September 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
the saga continues.............

13th September – Car taken to have faults fixed. Also asked that the brake pedal travel be checked as this seems excessive. Picked the car up later and was told that a part had been ordered for the wipers and the earliest they could get the car in was the 27th of September.
When driving the car home I noticed that the hesitation when pulling away in 1st gear was still there and there was still a lot of travel in the brake pedal.

14th September – Noise from seat is still there.
Phoned dealer and asked what had been found the previous day. I was told that the oxygen sensor had been replaced to cure the hesitation and the lumber support in the driver’s seat had been repaired. I informed them that the problems were still there and asked that these problems be looked at again when the car is returned for the wiper parts to be fitted. I also asked if anything was found when the brakes were inspected and was told that the pedal travel is quite normal on this model.
Today I checked the service book supplied by the dealer and found that the car was in fact an ex-rental car from Avis in Hayes. The first entry in the service sheets is on the 2nd of July 2004 at 13302 miles stamped “Vehicle prepared by Renault to Go”, there is no indication as to where this was done.
The second entry is on the 14th of April 2005 stamped “******* Services Ltd” a Renault dealer. The entry for the mileage reads 37869 – this has been crossed out and a mileage of 18047 has been written underneath.
I phoned ****** Services and asked if they could look the service history up on their computer – they confirmed that the mileage was recorded as 37869 when they serviced the car. The person I spoke to said that the car had been in for some warranty work after the service and that the mileage had appeared to have gone down to 18266 – he could offer no explanation for this. I travelled to ******* Services today and obtained a print-out of their records which confirmed what I had been told.
Currently in rpjjuk's garage:
Crap 2004 Scenic 1.6
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome