Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Is this typical Renault dealer service ?

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 28th September 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
16th September – I was still not happy with the brakes and so I visited an Autocentre near my home for a free safety check.
The tyres were checked and the front tyres were found to have 3mm of tread and the rear tyres 5mm and 6mm. (car has only done 24000 miles)
The brakes were checked and the following was found:
The front pads and discs appeared OK.
The rear brake discs appeared to have uneven wear and the OSR calliper was not operating correctly – it appeared not to be sliding in its mounting and was bending the disc when the brakes were applied. I was shown the brakes and was told this could be the cause of the excessive brake pedal travel.
I was then shown the rear exhaust box and I could see that it was split on the seam and was blowing exhaust gases.

18th September – Phoned the dealer and asked for an appointment to see the director - an appointment was made for 2pm on the 19th.

19th September – Met with the director and discussed the problems I had with the car. Mr **** said he would get the car into the garage a.s.a.p. and sort the problems out. He also said he would look into the problem with the mileage. Mr **** had a word with his workshop and said that the work would be done when the car came in for the wipers to be repaired on the 27th of September. Work to be done:
Exhaust, Brakes, Wipers, Drivers’ seat, Check steering column shroud.
Cure hesitation when pulling away in 1st gear.

20th September – Phone call from Mr **** – he said the mileage was correct at 18047 when the car was serviced at ***** Services on the 14th of April and that a clerical error had been made. Mr **** said he would supply me with a letter stating the correct mileage for the car.

22nd September – Took car into the dealer so they could take a quick look at the car to enable them to order the correct parts. When they did this check the must have removed the rear wheels to inspect the brakes as when I drove home the rear offside wheel trim came off – they had not replaced the cable ties holding the trim on the wheel.

26th September - Phone call from a Mr ***** (third party customer services company) asking if the car was ok and had I had any problems. He didn’t seem to know anything about the problems I had with the car. I explained to him all the problems I had and he said he would get back to me.

27th – Car was taken to the dealer for repairs to be carried out. Reception produced a repair sheet for my car which said one of the problems was long brake pedal travel. Underneath this fault was another fault for short brake pedal travel. The receptionist asked me which fault was correct and I then asked if the faults for the hesitation, exhaust etc were on the list, he then looked at his computer and we went through the problems together. I then asked if a mechanic could look at the car with me so I could explain the problems fully. I went through the problems with one of the mechanics and he said that the brake pedal travel and sharp braking were a characteristic of this car. He looked underneath the car and said he couldn’t see where the exhaust had blown. I also showed him the problem with the car hesitating when pulling away in 1st gear and he said that he had found other Scenic owners had reported the same problem and he had not found a cure.
Currently in rpjjuk's garage:
Crap 2004 Scenic 1.6
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome