Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Is this typical Renault dealer service ?

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 28th September 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Had a phone call from the mechanic later in the day and he said that all the work had been completed but that he was unable to cure the hesitation when pulling away and said that it was a characteristic of this type of car.
Went to ******* to collect the car and asked to speak to Mr ***** the director. Mr ***** then drove the car and agreed that there was a hesitation when pulling away in 1st gear. I also asked Mr ***** to try the wipers and he agreed that they still noisy and clunked quite loudly at the limit of travel. I also drove the car and found the brakes were much better than before.
Mr ***** suggested we speak to the mechanic. The mechanic said that he had found nothing wrong with the rear brakes but had cleaned and lubricated the linkage. The mechanic then showed me an exhaust pipe which he said was from my car and said that there was nothing wrong with it, I asked him why he had replaced it and he said “to keep the customer happy”.
The mechanic then showed me a wiper motor including all the linkage and said he had replaced the whole wiper mechanism on my car. Mr ***** then asked the mechanic to look at my car again and having done this the mechanic said that it was ten times better, I said I didn’t agree.
I then asked the mechanic about the hesitation and he showed me a printed reply to a query he had put to Renault Technical support which said that they has noticed the same problem on other cars of that model but that they did not have a solution. I asked for a copy of this email but was told I couldn’t have one. The mechanic said he had tried four other Scenics and the problem was worse on some and better on others.
Currently in rpjjuk's garage:
Crap 2004 Scenic 1.6
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome