Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - megane II recirculation valve with a/c

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th February 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
megane II recirculation valve with a/c

hi everyone this is my first post. i spend 4 hours yesterday looking at my brother in laws megane 04 plate with air con.

it has the same issue as in this video

so i found a guide on here but it was for the megane I but i thought it wouldn't have changed that much surely? well i was wrong its not under the scuttle panel. its exactly were the noise is behind the steering wheel. and in a very awkward position but i will try and talk it through as best i can as i did it blind (not being able to fit my arm and my head in).

first remove the plastic trim by the bottom of the door sill and then the next piece as you get closer to the dash (all held with plastic clips). then remove the side panel from the dash this has the airbag switch fitted. i used a flat bladed screw driver to remove it as its also held on with clips.

then you will see 2 screws torx 25iirc remove those then on the other side you will find 2 more 1 is by the steering wheel adjustment and the other under neath once there are removed you can lower the front cover off disconnecting the light dimmer panel as you go.

that gives you more space to lay down and get your arm upwards. this is were it gets really awkward and uncomfortable you need to lay on your back in the foot well with your head close to the seat and maneuver your arm under the clutch peddle then you need to go up in between (but behind) the clutch and break peddle with your hand up there you need a small screwdriver as you can't push the clip in without one. there is a plastic box towards the center console connected to the air inlet for the heaters and right up the top is the connector that needs disconnecting with the small thin screwdriver you need to get it close to the botton of the connector and push it in to move the securing clip.

for reference the clip your trying to unplug looks the same as the one on the light dimmer control unit you unplugged a while ago so take time and look at it to see were the clip is and were you will need to press to release it. i did manage to get a camera phone set on video with the flash on up there to have a better look as you can't see anything as the peddle box is in the way.

once that clip is pushed in it should come out then all you need to do is be gentle getting your arm out and re assemble. i checked to make sure everything worked and all seemed good and hopefully ive saved him 400 in the process.

moderators please feel free to merge this with another topic as i was going to put it in one of the fix section but there read only.

i hope this helps others

for legal reasons im not a mechanic and yours may be slightly different. i take no responsibility if you break something whilst doing it. this way you don't need to remove the whole dash but it is painfull.
Currently in hayestim's garage:
laguna ii dci estate
The Following User Says Thank You to hayestim For This Useful Post:
  5 Lastest Threads by hayestim
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
laguna 2 2.2 dci black smoke loss of power, now... Engines hayestim 7 4459 19th June 2012 12:28 PM
laguna 2.2 dci cutting out Engines hayestim 5 1643 29th April 2012 08:55 PM
megane II recirculation valve with a/c Megane hayestim 0 3440 5th February 2012 09:46 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome