Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic 1.6 RT Manual _Warning Light

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th September 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Scenic 1.6 RT Manual _Warning Light

Although I have seen this problem on the forum many times they are slightly different in many cases. The Electrical Incident Warning Light appears anything between a few hundred yards to 7 miles. The car stutters a little but keeps running and seems to drive reasonably well. The tickover is approx 1500 to 2000 rpm. If I turn off and restart the problem recycles. Temp is normal and pulling power OK but the light remains on until ignition off and restart.............
Whilst blindly looking for something obvious the short pipe from the manifold to the MAP sensor "FELL OFF"! after retrieving from under the car it had splits at each end, so, looked around for a short pipe to proove a point. I found in my Bluewater kit (where I work) an old length of soap pump pipe, cut to size, fitted and - BINGO problem solved. Took a few miles for the ECU to "recover" and is now 100%. Had I looked properly this fault IS listed on a post already.
Currently in mikeheeney's garage:
Renault Scenic RT 1.6 1998

Last edited by mikeheeney; 10th October 2006 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Solution found
  5 Lastest Threads by mikeheeney
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Scenic - Whistling Noise Engines jscer 2 2219 4th June 2007 05:13 PM
Infra Red vs Radio Remote +! Cars & motoring mikeheeney 2 862 18th October 2006 09:12 PM
Scenic 1.6 RT Manual _Warning Light Cars & motoring mikeheeney 3 1191 28th September 2006 06:56 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome