Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Picked the car up today

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th September 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Picked the car up today

I've just picked up my Renault 19 RT TD this evening. It's had a decent run and seems ok mechanically. No smoke, no major noise from the diesel engine.

I have a few minor questions, when accelerating or lifting of the throttle I noticed that gear stick moves forwards / backwards by about an inch. I notice it more when in 2nd gear, was hard to watch it constantly as I was driving at the time. Any ideas if this could be a problem, the gear changes are pretty smooth and there's no other reason to think there's a major problem. So I was hoping that this might be a simple and easily fixed problem.

The sunroof is a little sticky, it's fine when tilted, but withdrawing it it gets stuck as it drops, and few tries of running it back and forth can free it, as does tapping it from above... Although the later method would be hard at 60mph

It's a hatchback and one strut is missing, the other is either knacked or unable to hold it up on it's own.

There's no stereo, but I knew that anyway. Car needs a good clean inside and there's a few oil stains in the boot.

Having never owned a diesel before, I'm a little stumped by the extra gauge on the dash. Now I assume it's for the turbo , when you switch the ignition on, it lights up and the needle rises to about 2/3. When you start the engine, it goes out and the needle drops back to the bottom... and never moves again until you go to start her up again. Is this normal? Every gauge I've seen for a turbo (granted more on performance cars) the gauge moves as the turbo spools up. The turbo is def working, as the car is a lot quicker than I would have imagined it to be. Still not as fast as my other car.. but it did surprise me.

I am about to have a look through some links for parts... I also need a new front drivers side indicator as mine is broken.

Apart from the above stuff and a couple of bulbs that need replacing, the car seems ok. I paid 350 for it and it's the RT model, so side skirts and spoiler are fitted.

I said I wasn't going to do any modding to this car... But I'm watching a leather interior on ebay and have been checking out prices for lowering springs/shocks...
Currently in Heckler's garage:
1993 Renault 19 RT TD & a very modified Mazdaspeed MX6
  5 Lastest Threads by Heckler
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
What's happened to the Arcade section? Feedback & Announcements Heckler 2 1093 6th November 2006 02:19 PM
Damp carpets in boot Interiors Heckler 6 1732 15th October 2006 10:20 PM
Engine problem - something running when ignition... Engines robster 8 2111 3rd October 2006 07:12 AM
PCD/Offset on Renault 19 Wheels & tyres Heckler 2 2395 30th September 2006 02:49 AM
Picked the car up today Cars & motoring Lagdti 3 1085 28th September 2006 08:42 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome