Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane III - Rear brakes freezing

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th February 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane III - Rear brakes freezing

Just had a quote for 400 pounds from a dealer as they say pads and discs all need replacing on the rear of the vehicle.
It is still under warrantee and it is said that the cold weather has caused the brakes to freeze on the rear wheels casuing them to overheat and blue. The vehicle has been serviced properly by renault and the pads have plenty left on them. Seems a very strange thing to me.
Last winter the weather wa smuch colder and for longer and hence I cant understand if this should happen.
I have always thought that brakes should be operable in very cold weather and the heat genrated in the brakes should quickly warm them and clear any frost?
Any advice please as I beleive I should be getting this sorted on warantee.

Many thanks
  5 Lastest Threads by gilbo
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane III - Rear brakes freezing Brakes/Hubs madnoel10 1 1172 7th February 2012 10:02 PM
Scenic II Electric Window - Tales Electronics socleirigh 16 4761 4th July 2010 09:46 AM
Scenic II 16" Alloys Tyre Sizes Wheels & tyres dann2010 7 10825 3rd July 2010 05:25 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome