Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio V Reg - Reassemble Handbrake Inside

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10th February 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio V Reg - Reassemble Handbrake Inside

Like a Magpie I'd noticed a silver coin in the cravis of my hand brake unit.

I eventually dismantled it, firstly removed the plastic moulding, disconnected the handbrake warning light, then removing two nuts that were holding the handbrake unit in position. So I got the 70p but have not been able to reassemble the handbrake.

The biggest problem I have is there seems to be no bolts for the nuts to screw the handbrake unit back down. It seems there must have been two bolt, which on releasing the nuts have dropped. I have managed to recover a big washer, but the bolts are no where to be found and even if they were, I don't see what could hold them in position while the handbrake unit is being replaced.

Has anyone had this problem or knows what I'm talking about? Can anyone give me some instructions on reassembling it?

Many Thanks

Currently in dza's garage:
Renault Clio 1.2 Grande 2000
  5 Lastest Threads by dza
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Handbreak Unit reassemble Clio 1.2 V Reg Interiors pedwarr 1 725 10th February 2012 12:38 PM
Clio V Reg - Reassemble Handbrake Inside Brakes/Hubs dza 0 699 10th February 2012 12:35 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome