Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio sunroof leaking?

View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 11th February 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via Skype™ to Cedders
Re: Clio sunroof leaking?

Recently purchased a Clio with manual sunroof only to find with the first rains and snow the passenger foot well was soaking wet. Also the drivers well but to a much lesser degree. Used a Bissell carpet cleaner to suck as much water out of both sides that I could. I managed to suck 2 litres water out of the footwells, which I put into a coke bottle and returned this together with the car to the 2nd hand car dealer who sold me the car. They had the car for 2 days and when I picked it up he assured me that the technicians had found the fault on the left front side of the sunroof and this had now been sorted out and everything resealed. The following morning I felt the mats again and they seemed wetter than when I picked the car up. This afternoon I checked them again and there was a lot more water there after last nights snow had melted. Running my finger under the passenger door rubbers there was no water or dampness which seems to indicate that it isnt coming from the sunroof ?
1. ) Any ideas where its coming from ?
2. ) Is it worth removing the rubber bungs where all the drainage ends up to ensure this never bungs up with leaves etc ?
Currently in Cedders's garage:
04 Renault Clio 1.6 16valve and 03 VW Passat 1.9 TDI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome