Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Warranty is it worth it

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 16th February 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Warranty is it worth it

i have a used car warranty from warrantywise that i purchased in july 11. It is has been well worth it - roughly 450 for the year to cover my 2004 G' Scenic 1.9dci, 80k on the clock I have had in the last three months the following costs authorised by them Dual Mass flywheel & clutch replaced (they covered the flywheel which was 620 alone) Driveshaft - approx 180 with fitting Brake Caliper - approx 180 with fitting I chose the 35 an hour labour, choose my own garage, garage have a look at whats wrong, submit a form to ww and then within 24-48 hours they authorise the claim. They have been out to inspect the car on the third claim (i dont blame them - bet they wondered what was going on!), didn't pay out for an EGR valve due to carbonisation. They also sometimes want the garage to send the old part back to confirm the fault - this happened with the flywheel. Also attempted to claim for the electronic parking brake module this month but it isn't covered under the 'Gold' policy i had. Oh well, so that left me 535 bill. As you can work out from the figures above im quids in already with the policy, and still have another 5 months to run. Well worth it , as long as you read and understand the small print so there is no surprises you will be ok And before anyone says, i do not work for ww at all these are genuine claims and im really chuffed that they have helped me through all this. Hope this helps.
Currently in bassman1's garage:
2004 Renault Grand Scenic 1.9 dci
The Following User Says Thank You to bassman1 For This Useful Post:
VelSatisfied (16th February 2012)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome