Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Possible repair cost for MOT pass?

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 17th February 2012 Thread Starter
Inveterate Bodger
Nominated 0 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Possible repair cost for MOT pass?

Police aren't going to pull you for a blown headlight in the middle of the day, though, are they? And they can't tell if your brakes are shot just by looking... (if they're bad enough that you haven't got proper control of the car, I would hope to god you'd be able to tell before even taking the test and would either park it, or take mitigating action EG limp home with the flashers on at 15mph so you can rapidly halt it by jamming it into first and turning the ignition off, and won't cause major damage even if you do lose it ... however some people really are that dumb and that's why we have the MOT in the first place)

You are at least allowed, even if you have no current MOT at all, to drive it between any two of home, the test centre, and a garage to have it repaired... Like I said, allowances are made, this isn't Singapore or wherever

I like to be able to go back for a free or reduced-fee retest anyhow, so if a fail condition is picked up I book in immediately to have it fixed. Little different to what I'd do - a faster response if anything - if there was 6 months left and something major but hideable came up.
Currently in tahrey's garage:
Honda CG125, Scott Voltage MX5, dirt, lots of random bottles and tools, porktastic Clio III DCi, dodgy shelves...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome