Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace 2007 tyre wear

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 21st February 2012
John J
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Cool Re: Espace 2007 tyre wear *** Fixed ***

Originally Posted by alnapone View Post
If anyone can make sense out of it please share your expertise. .
Looks like it's saying your front wheels were pointing slightly out, re-aligned to be pointing slightly in.

From the data I have, looks like it was in accordance with Renault figures & they adjusted it the opposite way. I believe it should be 0 degrees with a tolerance of +10' -0'.

Also says it looks like they are saying the rear wheels are pointing slightly out.

From the data I have seen, looks like this is your problem as they should be pointing slightly in. I believe it should be 0 degrees 40' with a tolerance of +/-10'.

Had to change my track rod ends & set up front geometry last weekend. With the above figures and a pair of laser levels (from the house diy toolbox) got it aligned. Don't think I'd try the rears. Might be worth going to a dealership to get it checked to the official Renault figures.

If you recall your schoolboy maths/geometry

tan <angle> = opposite/adjacent.
Adjacent x tan <10/60> = opposite.

Adjacent=distance away from hub centres you are taking your measurements at.

I've not had a problem with uneven wear, simply fronts last half the time of the rears. I use Firestones which seem to last good & give good grip. It's not a sports car so I don't drive it as one so perhaps others may drive harder & disagree with my idea on the level of grip.
Currently in John J's garage:
Family car - 2004 3.0dCi Grand Espace. Fun car - Calibra 4x4 Turbo
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome