Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Electronics - How to replace passenger side headlamp - New shape Scenic

View Single Post
post #55 of (permalink) Old 22nd February 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up Re: Renault Scenic - Electronics - How to replace passenger side headlamp - New shape

Hi guys, this is how I tackled the job on my 06 reg 1.5 dci (near side) firstly nothing was removed from the car, I slid my hand down behind the headlamp, palm facing the headlamp unit, by looking at the front of the headlamp you can guess when your hand is behind were the buld is, in this position you can feel a flat disc/cap about 75mm in diameter, just pull this to remove and put somewhere safe, removing this cap exposes the rear of the bulb. Look to see what colour wire is facing up, its important to remember this, now twist the bulb a quater of a turn anticlockwise as if you were looking at the headlight from the rear, the bulb should now pop out. The cable length will not allow the bulb to be brought into the open so feed a flat blade screwdriver down behind the headlamp and inserted between the bulb and the connector to pry them apart. Fit the new bulb into the connector and gently squeeze them together ensuring that you don,t touch the bulb otherwise it won't last very long, I used a small clean rag to cover the bulb during this part. Once connected offer the bulb back into the hole, looking through the headlamp helps locate the hole, now twist the bulb until the correct colour wire is facing the top again, then twist a quarter turn anticlockwise and push into the headlamp, a slight twist in one direction or the other will locate the bulb into the slot on the headlamp which is located at 8 oclock when viewed from the rear, once located turn a quarter turn clockwise to lock the bulb into position. Rear fit the rubber cap and all thats left is to test the headlamp. sounds long winded but its not, it takes 5 mins, the hardest part is finding the location slot but as I said if you remember the colour wire that was on the top then your only a quarter turn away. I hope this helps.
Currently in fuseman's garage:
2006 Scenic II 1.5 dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome