Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Buying advice and reviews please.

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 25th February 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Cool Re: Buying advice and reviews please.

I have owned my 2002/02 Mk 3 Grand Espace for over 7 years now (43k miles in Nov-04, 102k miles now) and it had it's problems initially, the usual diagnosis of EGR valve failure combined with a useless main dealer in Slough.
However after having 3 of the injectors replaced under warranty (at 4 years old, 63k) there have been no engine problems since, only useful main dealer and it went bust (Bridges of Reading).
Tend to service it myself now, brakes and soon to be front shocks and springs.
The most useful car you can imagine, 7 seats that all recline and slide, enough room for 7 (5 adults, 2 kids) and luggage or a big pram or 2 German Shepherds in their travel cage, for longer trips, just add a top box and have even more room inside and if your into DIY, you can even fit multiple sheets of 8'x4' ply, etc in the back, (with the boot open).
It also handles well for a big car and can be quite nippy, (has exceeded 120mph,) and can get round the twisties like a pro, even handled itself well in the snow. However most of this could be down to the driver?
Depite buying out of neccesity, it has served us well.
Currently looking for a newer car, but as a family car it's hard to beat. However would not consider the mk4 due to the styling.
Will probably keep this as the family car and buy a sports car for my own amusement.
Currently in Jasona's garage:
2002 Grand Espace III 2.2Dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome