Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II Handbrake won't release

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 25th February 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna II Handbrake won't release

My Laguna 55 Plate 2.2dCi has been in the garage this week to have a new gearbox, clutch and dual mass flywheel. While they carried out this work the battery was disconnected

When i went to collect it yesterday it was stuck in the garage as they were unable to release the electronic parking brake.

They asked if i wanted to have a go at releasing it and when i sat in the car there was no red light on the manual release button and the dashboard said 'Apply Handbrake' with the service light was lit.

They hooked the car up to their diagnostic equipment and reset the the system, then when they started the car the red light came on on the manual release and when they tried to drive away the dashboard said handbrake released and then straight away said the handbrake had been applied.

They then tried to use the emergency release after pulling this the car was still unable to move.

Any ideas on what it could be? While it was in the garage they had phoned me to tell me i would need new rear pads and discs but i can't see what they would have done to stop it working, we have never had a problem with the brakes or electronic parking brake before it went in to the garage.

Any help would be much appreciated
Currently in laguna55's garage:
2005 Renault Laguna II 2.2dCI
  5 Lastest Threads by laguna55
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna II Handbrake won't release Brakes/Hubs kernow0 1 4075 25th February 2012 01:22 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome