Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How do i fix this fuel cap?

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 25th February 2012
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: How do i fix this fuel cap?

Hmm ok, sorry its not working, whether its a servo motor or snap action solenoid lock or whatever.
Ask yourself the q , is it worth trying to fix.
If it was a door lock sure but how prevalent is diesel syphoning for your area?

The click snap thing couldnt cost that much n all you want is the flap tight in against the body.(see my first reply)
If there are evil "yobos" around , a little pin in a plastic ring isnt gonna have em quaking in their boots.
It might be an idea to leave it so that it just snaps closed,unless there is an annoying warning light.
If yer a perfectionist as I am when the mood strikes me you might want everything working A1..but up to you.

My lock(vauxhall) was a snap solenoid , either in or out pin box about the size of a cigarrette packet..could have been a v small fast motor..maybe. It was definitely dead so I removed it . Its still in my garage.since 2003 approx.
Its like the headlamp hi beam/combined with indicator micro switch that was in the same car , that became faulty after 4- 5 years , I stripped it down n repaired it myself.My bodger repair lasted another 7 years or so as the replacement cost I was quoted was in the region of 100 , I did it myself.

Doesnt allways work out that you can self fix rhings like that , but if yer that worried ,I would try n strip down what ever mechanism isnt working atm first.

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.

Last edited by coup; 25th February 2012 at 09:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to coup For This Useful Post:
juDGEY (25th February 2012)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome