Join Date: Jul 2006
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,851 Posts
Re: donor car
Hi there and welcome.
Personally speaking, if you have space in the garage for lots of parts, then I'd make him an offer for the entire car, and keep that in the garage intact.
There is method to my (apparent) madness.
- all the parts will be kept intact & free of dust/moisture damage
- you can tell instantly what each part is, how it is removed, and therefore how to fit it
- you can sell off bits you don't think you'll need (body panels, glass, etc)
- once it is a stripped-out rolling shell, it will still have some scrap value, so you'll still get some return on your investment.
- you may get a bargain of a secondhand engine and decide to swap that over & sell it for a profit...
Just a 'curveball' suggestion, which you may not have considered.
This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater