Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - ABS + SERV Lights On*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 28th February 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Clio 1.2 service light and abs light on

Originally Posted by rec View Post
i have the exact same problem with mine and have had it like this for several months now, the only thing ive noticed is when braking hard it just locks up and slides, so the ABS wont work, as said above leave extra space for braking until you get it sorted.
hi my carwas fine up to a few days ago then my abs sensor come on the stop light come on the engine mang light come on.. the speedo wont work and the uch is clicking lol but it still startsand drives all be it a bit rough... so i got the same prob but worse .. i read it could be the abs speed sensor.. when they changed your brakes im betting they disturbed your senor or wires going to it. if you take your fromt wheels off look just behind the hubs there is the sensors.. the wires feed thro the wheel arch in to the loom.. you got a plug you can disconnect it with. the sensors get sized in the hub so if you remove them be carful you dont snap them off because if you do you prob have to remove the hub to dig the other bit out. but i try take it back to kwick fit.. does anyone knoe why a uch would click.. ?
Currently in clioproblems's garage:
Renault Clio 1.4 16 valve 51 plate
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome