Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - V6 Gearstick Button Problem*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 1st March 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: lag v6 2001 gear stick problem

OK, have found my original gear knob in the garage.

To remove it from the car:

Undo the clip that holds the gearstick gaiter to the kear knob and slide the gaiter clear.

You will see a plastic collar sitting at the bottom of the gear knob - the gaitor clips around the recess in this collar.

The collar has two cuts out visible at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock.

Grasp the collar and turn it to the right - it will only move a little, a quarter turn at best, the gear knob stays put.

Hold the collar with one hand and pull the gear knob up firmly with the other.

It should slide up and clear of the gear stick, you can then slide the collar off the gearstick as well.

Once off you'll be able to see how it all clamps together.

Basically there are two cut-outs on the knob where the collar clips in plus two vertical plastic clips on the knob which are clamped inside the collar by little ramps that tighten onto them when you turn the collar left when refitted.

I seem to recall that while the orignal came off OK the new one was a very, very, very tight fit to get onto the gears stick and needed quite a bit of force to get it fully home.

Have you actually got a replacement .... mine cost about 120 from renault !!

I've still got the old one and it works fine .. it just has a chip in the silver trim that has the gear positions stamped.

Happy to post it to you if that's any help.

I've taken some photos and will try and see if I have any luck uploading. - OK that worked but the really close ones are not too focused !!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012_03_01 133.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	15367   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012_03_01 134.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	15368   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012_03_01 135.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	15369   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012_03_01 136.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	15370  
Currently in GezT's garage:
Laguna II Initiale V6 Sport Tourer...... Toyota MR2 ...... Honda Blackbird CBR1100XX ........ Sunbeam S7.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GezT For This Useful Post:
Lagdti (18th March 2012), mord (1st March 2012)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome