Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New Car, Laguna 2.0 Privilege, lots of questions!

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 4th March 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: New Car, Laguna 2.0 Privilege, lots of questions!

Originally Posted by MéganeDynamique View Post
Hi Andy,

The Privilege is a lovely model, nice one
Thankyou, ive got to say, when I looked through the specs of teh different editions, I was surprised at how well specced these cars are !

1) New key card from Renault was £140 last time I checked, but prices vary from dealer to dealer. No, personal settings are only for models with electric memory seats (the Initiale), so unless your car had that optional extra then it won't remember personal settings. Key Cards can't be programmed without the full dealer kit (Renault CLIP is the diagnostic system), and it must also be brand new, second hand key cards CANNOT be used.
Bit of a bummer on the price, but not 'essential' at the moment. I will do some looking up on CLIP though, im sure like other car makers the software will be available from the 'usual sources'. Does the use of such software get discussed here, or is it against forum rules?

2) The rear sunblind pulls up out of the parcel shelf. All models, even if they didn't have the sun blinds as standard, had the hooks - so somebody with a lesser Laguna has probably swapped parcel shelves at one stage.
Just my luck, well, I will take another look just to be sure, and then I guess I'll have to try and source one ;0)

3) If there are 4 wheels showing on the display by the radio and no pressure readouts on the screen below the mileage in the instrument cluster then yes, the system has been deactivated. It can easily be reactivated and new valves coded by the dealer. Nice feature to have as the voice synthesizer speaks about each tyre and to slow down if the pressure is not suited to the driving speed!
Hmmmm, I have NO wheels showing! The display works, as it shows the doors opening, but I get no info on tyre pressures on either the dash upper display, or the instrument cluster display (I think I read that when you cycle through the OBC menu with the right hand stalk button, you should see the tyre info?) Does NO wheels showing mean something else is amiss?

I have not heard any voice from the car (maybe this is a good thing) is there a test, or something I can do to make it speak?

thanks for the info!

Currently in digitalfriction's garage:
Laguna II Privilege 2.0, Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX Mk3, BMW 520i SE
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome