Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Warranty is it worth it

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 5th March 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Warranty is it worth it

Originally Posted by Pat.w View Post
Yes I guess it does appear a little one sided, but the reality of the matter is that the forum is unlikely to get sued and therefore close down due to positive feedback....unfortunately this is not true of the opposite.

Our naming and shaming policy is made clear in the forum rules
I understand your concern, but surely your sites legal disclaimer will state that any opinions expressed are not necessarily the view of RenaultForums, etc etc

I just think that as a new renault owner, who currently has a tab open to the company mentioned earlier looking at the warranty, it would be of interest to me to know which company the bad review was about (I assume the same one). This isnt RenaultForums saying anything bad, or even approving the posters opinion, it is simply free speech, and consumer choice!

I have also just realised that the site has an advert to the bottom left of the navigation pane, and one to the top right of the header. You do not have any control over the content of these (although they are normally based on the page metadata) Are you also liable for anything displayed there? Of course you arent !

Oh just to be clear, I am not trying to break the rules or suggest anyone else should, just friendly chat about the subject.
Currently in digitalfriction's garage:
Laguna II Privilege 2.0, Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX Mk3, BMW 520i SE
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome