Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - reversing sensors

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 5th March 2012
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: reversing sensors

Which shape is it?
Mine is a basic coupe but came with the sensors.
Depending on which shape megane you have the sensors may or may not have to be painted.

They are very usefull indeed especially on a coupe version..

The wiring no idea.
They use the standard beeping noise for reverse engaged , lights left on, key card still in car etc.
Fitting of the sensors shouldnt be any real problem if you have the right size hole cutter for your drill .

Mark the center accurately and use masking tape so you dont slip and damage the surrounding bodywork whether its painted or unpainted plastic.

Is most of the wiring there already? dunno
Is the sensing "master unit " in place but just not used..dunno that either.

1. get the full kit from a renault dealer, and give em your left leg as a deposit if it has to be ordered.
Seriously , it might be very expensive but if you talk to a decent "parts guy" you might be able to find out exactly what bits you need aside from the sensors.
Even if you dont buy from them.
Guessing , you may not need that much, as mine came fitted as standard on a base trim model there cant be too much extra.

2. once you know what bits you need you might be able to source them from car breakers (cars that have had front end damage).

3. another option would be Ebay kits , maybe they are very compatible. Personally Id prefer oem equipment even second hand , cant be more than 2 years old really.

Other posters may have more detailed information

edit : nm replies have started^ gl wi it. nb sensors are a fair distance away from the rear lights on mine.

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome