Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Warranty is it worth it

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 5th March 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Warranty is it worth it

Originally Posted by GamithUK View Post
It does seem to be rather counter-intuitive that you can't have a decent conversation about pretty much anything nowadays without the threat of being sued (for libel I guess) for presenting opinions.
After all it's human nature to discuss things - it's how societies knowledge is passed on.

hmm - and here I am deleting what I was going to say since 'someone might get offended'.

One thought might be to have a section (like the garage list) which lists organisations and the positive results only - by implication if there are no positive votes then the experience was negative.

<puts away soapbox>

I would like to see this sort of thing, I am new to this forum, but I have been active on other car forums, and I know for a fact one of them has a section that is specifically for Reviews of third party suppliers. they call it:

Products and Services Reviews

and it has as a red banner at the top:

For all your reviews of traders and companies on or outside TMF and sellers or buyers using the classifieds - please note any views and opinions written in the reviews are of the posters themselves.

This is from a big forum, dare I say bigger than RenaultForums, it is the mini forum (TMF).
Currently in digitalfriction's garage:
Laguna II Privilege 2.0, Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX Mk3, BMW 520i SE
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome