Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Warranty is it worth it

View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 6th March 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Warranty is it worth it

Originally Posted by VelSatisfied View Post
Very true.

People place great credibility on the shoulders of what people who are effectively anonymous will post.

There is something fatally flawed about that position.

Im not necessarily placing credibility on either of the comments (for all I know, the positive comments could be from employees of the company) However, if I can extract details of the issue someone encountered I can use that in my decision making.

For example, if someone here said that company xxx didnt pay out because 2 years before they bought the car a service was missed by 3000 miles. I can then go to the company, and others, and pose that as a scenario "If a previous owner has done a service late, will you still cover me if I maintain the service correctly?"

You see, i'm not taking what the review says for gospel, im just getting an idea of how to approach prospective suppliers.

I am concious that I have hijacked this thread, maybe we should steer this back to answering the OP's question, have people had good or bad experiences from warranty companies, without mentioning names, what pitfalls have people had?
Currently in digitalfriction's garage:
Laguna II Privilege 2.0, Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX Mk3, BMW 520i SE
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome