Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

View Single Post
post #225 of (permalink) Old 8th March 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

ive had the exact same problem on my 1.2 16v clio. loss of power and usually switching the engine off sorts it out but only untill the next time, i can usually tell when its gona do it because my light the warning light box with squggly line in and a spring will come on earlier in the day when i switch my car on it stays illuminated a little longer than the rest then goes off, later on it will loose power. i took it to the garage and it was a lamber sensor causing this so they changed it, if a lamber sensor is old it can become sluggish and needs changing it usually needs changing every 30,000 to 50,000 miles. however in my case it carried on happening after i had the lamber sensor changed. i took it back and i know now that it may be an air leek or too much or too little oxygen being circulated around the engine, which will cause judders, power loss and cutting out. keep in mind if it is a faulty or old lamber sensor it will show up on the diagnostic test, if its a leek or too much oxygen, the diagnostix test will not pick this up as they have no way of knowing where the extra oxygen came from. the diagnostic test will show it being a faulty sensor, so keep both in mind when you take it to the garage.
Currently in sophie1's garage:
2001 dynamique 1.2 16v clio
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome