Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Just picked up a Megane CC & Already got problems!!

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 8th March 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Just picked up a Megane CC & Already got problems!!

Originally Posted by hoochy View Post
i have a 57 plate cc and i dont think they all have the hands free my key card has to be in the slot and my foot on the clutch or brake to start it i think it must be a option for full on hands free as thats every 1 i have seen so far that isnt full hands free ,most if not all meg cc doors are clunky ,the wind noise you hear may be a window not fully up or its went to far and its sitting just over the top of the rubber and letting the air in ,imho the key card/and the hands free system was a stupid idea to start with and the amount of non starting faults it causes must have risen 50 fold
Interestingly you're kind right with the window. I looked at it from outside and it appears to ride over a small part of the roof seal, meaning there's a small gap at the back edge which i think the whistling noise comes from.
I've found that if i close the passenger door from outside, and whilst doing so push the top of the window slightly, it seals slightly underneath the roof seal and seems ok... In fact it must have worked, because driving home in the rain and there was no noise.. and no leak! Now to establish how to get that window to close a bit more 'inwards' so that it sits right, but i don't know how.
Currently in bazza825's garage:
2004 Renault Megane CC 2.0vvt Privilege
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome