Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Just picked up a Megane CC & Already got problems!!

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 9th March 2012
Banned User
Curveball Champion
Nominated 9 Times in 16 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 10
Thanked 3,511 Times in 2,879 Posts
Re: Just picked up a Megane CC & Already got problems!!

Originally Posted by bazza825 View Post
After a 3 week faff about with the supplying 'independent deal at home' guy, i've finally picked up the 2004 Megane CC.

Straight away, 5 minutes after setting off home, i went to put the stereo on and 'code' was on in the display. There was no book documentation supplied with the car and all the guy's said is to contact renault - i'll be livid if i have to pay for it...

Theres a wind whistling noise coming from somewhere - i'm sure its to do with a seal somewhere... ? any clues?

The door seems rather 'clunky' when its shut - reminds me of my old ford sierra.. the Laguna I had (also an 04 plate) was nice and tight closing thud.. Is this normal for a Megane?

The car seems to be equipped with 'hands free' - there are buttons on the door handles, and a sensor type device behind. Also, the display says to press 'clutch&start' but when i do it says that 'card not detected', even though it's in my pocket. I'd love to get this working and to know whats wrong as well. I tried locking it by pressing the button and nothing happened...

Other than that, we'll have to wait until daylight and a day off work is available - that'd be sunday unfortunately though

Any help greatly appreciated..
I might be being kind of hard on you here for which I apologise, I can't figure out why you didn't pick up on some or most of these problems before parting with the s
Currently in hondo's garage:
1.6 Valve-Matic SR. Red hot, toasty feet.
The Following User Says Thank You to hondo For This Useful Post:
VelSatisfied (9th March 2012)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome