Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Arggh. flipping Renault Prices!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th March 2012 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Arggh. flipping Renault Prices!

ok, car is due MOT next week. I was checking it over, and found the Offside handbrake not working. After a bit of checking it seems the cable is siezed

so, since I cant fix it myself, due to the module needing coding using CLIP, I had to book it into my local Stealer.

So, after a Quote of 604, I took it in today. THe Stealer told me it would be 2 hours when I rang to book it in, got there, and was told I would have to leave it all day

so, home i went. 4 hours later, phone call to say it is done, but on the health check, they found a few 'issues'

Both from Springs snapped, both Ball Joints worn beyond safety, front brakes need replacing, and both reat numberplate lights need doing.

so, inc the cost of the MOT on top, they are removing 1450 from my wallet this week!

the car is prob not even worth that now! Robbing Stealers!!! I hate renault with a passion

if it was not for their blooming policy of having to code everything using CLIP i would have done it myself

yes< i know it is only the brake module, but since it is in the garage, i agreed to have it all done, as the MOT is due Monday, so I had no time to fix the rest myself by then
Currently in bobbych's garage:
2004 Renault Scenic Grand II 1.5DCI
  5 Lastest Threads by bobbych
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic II under bonnet UCH change Electronics bobbych 2 1249 17th August 2013 02:26 PM
Scenic II Front Fogs always on! Electronics bobbych 2 543 19th February 2013 02:54 PM
Scenic II Tyre wear cause? Wheels & tyres kenneyfam 20 2839 21st October 2012 10:56 AM
Arggh. flipping Renault Prices! Cars & motoring staceybubbles 23 2924 9th March 2012 07:52 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome