Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Power Steering problem

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 9th March 2012
Diamond member
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Power Steering problem

Not quite the same problem but if it's cold outside then my power steering takes a little time to come to life. I have not tried pressing any buttons to make it come back to life sooner and I can hear a 'click' from the depths of the dash when it does start to work. It sounds like a relay 'click' so if I were to guess, it's a sticky relay. Had a relay problem on my previous car but that was the wiper relay, they tended to have a mind of their own until the car interior had warmed up. (not the same as the Scenic as it happens about 10 seconds after engine start) With the other car, it is a well known fault and is due to a build up of 'gunk' on the relay contacts that can be gently cleaned up without damaging the relay. I can't say it's the same as the Renault as I don't even know how the power steering works on my Scenic. It's low down on the list of jobs as it does work eventually where as the other jobs relate to stuff that doesn't work at all.
Currently in andy-fish's garage:
2004 Scenic II 1.9dCi Pri
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome