Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Door adjustment meg 3 coupe?

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 9th March 2012 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: Door adjustment meg 3 coupe?

Had a feeling the fast response would be from "dont talk to me about door alignment !" Paul

So leave the hinge bolts alone on a personalamateur basis, n more than likely any other adjustment as well on doors, I hear ya.

Get them to do it
Trouble is was gonna get side strips painted, and would like that perfect bodyline when done at least till a weeks road crud gets on it

Then for "warranty work"id need to get the car back as close to standard as possible(which I had planned to do for 1st service anyway).

I suppose Im down to: get car fully back to standard right nowand get em to adjust the door, or wait till first service.
I think Ill wait , its not "omg look at that out of alignment door"
Car will go in "vanilla" for service and hey maybe by then the passenger side will have sunken in a bit at the top and that can be done too .

The hinges themselves really dont look very substantial and they arent sealed with a plastic cap like my previous car.
The pin contact surfaces look awfull thin.

I put some molybdenum castrol grease on them within a week of buying the car, just like I did on my last one.(same 500ml tin )

The door check ratchet/straps seem a lil optimistic for the now 4-5year renault guarantee also.
still, hope for the best eh

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.

Last edited by coup; 9th March 2012 at 09:53 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome