Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - AVIC in Laguna

Thread: AVIC in Laguna
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 30th September 2005
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by sbaffi
Hello everybody newbie here with some questions.....

I am going to buy a Laguna GT within the next few weeks and would like to know your opinion, if possible, on the factory Carminat Nav system functionality.

I own a Pioneer AVIC XR-1 and its fate would depend on the feasibility of transfering such system to the Renault. I have found a German forum showing pics of the finished product and I agree that doesn't really look the best thing ever but it can be done.

Is it anywhere a link where I can find the Laguna GT wiring diagrams, pioneer 2 Renault stalk/display adapters, and other useful info on aftermarket installation?

Any advice welcome!

Thank you
Hi sbaffi, is this the latest model GT you're looking at? I'm picking one up to day and rather than the standard fit Carminat have upgraded to the Bluetooth colour system.

I know that doesn't help with the AVIC wiring question but if you're interested in comparing the functionality of the Pioneer - nice unit BTW - and the upgraded Carminat let me know.

The upgraded unit is pretty good - in theory at least. Bluetooth hands-free phone, MP3, voice control and supposedly top-end sat-nav.

The cost of the upgrade seems unclear. This is a company car and some dealers were charging 1,750 (as per the Renault UK configurator) but I found a local delaer who claimed it was 750 as the standard Carminat in the GT is 1,000. IF I've actually got all the right bits I see that as a bargain - you'll all hear pretty quickly today if I haven't!

PS. And yes OG, I am up nice and early
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome