Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Bottom ball joint replacement

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th March 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Bottom ball joint replacement

Hi guys, have any of you changed a botton ball joint an a Scenic? mine is an 06 plate and it looks like the ball joint is just pushed? not like my older Scenic which was held in by 2 x nuts and bolts. I have had a look in my Haynes manual but it says that at the time of writing no service parts are available for the lower arm so the complete arm should be changed but this situation may change, I now see that the bottom ball joint is available at a number of stockists so Im assuming the situations has changed and I no, longer need to change the complete arm? As I said it looks like the new ball joint is pushed in from the bottom of the arm, does anyone know if its held in with any clip or something or does it rely on being a tight fit in the arm?. Also Hayne make a point of saying thy had trouble seperating the arm from the bottom of the hub, any pointers on doing this job would be appreciated, thanks
Currently in fuseman's garage:
2006 Scenic II 1.5 dci
  5 Lastest Threads by fuseman
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic 1.4 dci clutch Transmissions flying clutchman 1 233 22nd October 2015 12:18 PM
Bottom ball joint replacement Brakes/Hubs Meganeman 6 2358 12th March 2012 05:02 PM
Scenic II towbar electrics Electronics fuseman 4 1550 4th July 2011 10:08 AM
TDC pin Engines Next car crisis 11 5581 21st November 2009 06:52 PM
engine position Engines fuseman 3 1306 6th November 2009 09:49 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome