Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - abs problem!

Thread: abs problem!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th March 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Question abs problem!

Hi, I'm not new to the forum but I am a new member. I have scoured this site and many others looking for a solution to my problem.
I am a mechanic , usually a pretty damn good one too lol, but I'm having severe problems with a car, it is...
Renault megane 2 cabriolet.
1.9 hdi.
04 plate.

The problem started wen the and light illuminated when the owner bashed the n/s/f wheel against a curb. Upon investigation I discovered the car had a noisy wheel bearing and a worn cv joint. Both of these were replaced along with a new abs pick up sensor, this vehicle is not fitted with the usual abs toothed ring but with the magnetic pick up located on the rear of the wheel bearing. The replacement wheel bearing I used was the correct type, fitted with this magnet pick up.
So everything was put back together but the abs light remained illuminated, road tested the car but still the light remains lit up. I took the car to a local garage who plugged in a launch diagnostics machine and this gave 2 codes, one referring to the n/s/f sensor (not present) and the was o/s/f magnetic pick up mechanical fault. I'm sorry but I don't have the exact codes with me at the moment but I will post tomorrow.
So with this new information to do with the opposite side I then replaced both the bearing with the magnet and the abs sensor wire. Guess what! The abs light on the dash still remains defiant and illuminated.
I'm returning to the garage tomorrow to have the codes cleared and see what else pops up.
As you can imagine my customer/friend is getting annoyed as the initial price is now a distant memory.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Currently in pauldiscovery91's garage:
astra van 1.7cdti, calibra dtm for spares,
  5 Lastest Threads by pauldiscovery91
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
abs problem! Brakes/Hubs neily2429 18 4897 12th March 2012 09:00 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome