Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - abs problem!

Thread: abs problem!
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12th March 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: abs problem!

Originally Posted by mord View Post
the fault has to be cleared TWICE to ensure all affected ECU 's are code cleared.

did they get a reading on the ABS speed sensors, they should give either a open or short circuit or an abnormal speed reading (like 655mph on one) and 0mph on the other wheels.

did you get the correct flanges (were the Reluctor rings taken off the old Flanges??? or did the new ones come with them prefitted) there are several versions of reluctor rings with different number of magnetic teeth!

once they are fitted, doing a check with a CLIP should show if there is a problem with the signal from the sensors if one is not the correct speed reading/relector signal rate.

its worth buying a CAN-CLIP clone to do diagnostics on Reno's it will pay for itself quickly if you do renos on a semi regular basis + you dont have to waste travel time on other garages doing checks.
Hi, thanks for your reply.

The reading from the n/s/f was an open circuit, from the o/s/f was magnet ring, mechanical fault.

The reluctor rings are not the conventional multi toothed ring that sits on the cv, but the are an integratal part of the wheel bearing.

I didn't know that the codes needed clearing twice, up look into that tomorrow when I take it to the garage.

I will look into can-clip some more, do you know where I should look to obtain such an item, I have similar tools for vauxhall and for Peugeot, they are excellent, I can definatly use one dedicated to Renaults as I find the engine management side of them to be a bit of a pain.

Thanks again

Currently in pauldiscovery91's garage:
astra van 1.7cdti, calibra dtm for spares,
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome