Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II Hand brake not working

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th March 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Laguna II Hand brake not working

Hi all, i'm a virgin to this forum so please be gentle. Ok lets get to the point why I'm asking for every ones help. About a month ago my n/s brake caliper seized and I ended cooking the brake disc, (disc was almost transparent with the heat). So new discs and pads on the rear and a Caliper from a scrap car. Hand brake works fine on the o/s. I'm just wondering if there is a way of fixing the caliper or if I have done something wrong. The brake works fine on the n/s too, the hand brake pulls the the lever but the piston moves about 1mm or less. Would take the caliper back but lost the receipt and cannot get it replaced. So if it is a common fault and the caliper is no good, then, I will have to spend out on a brand new one. Hopefully I've done something wrong and you guys and girls can tell me what it is. OH YEA I have a Laguna II 1.9dci 2002 with rear discs. Many thanks and hope you can all help
Currently in Dowling508's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi 120bhp
  5 Lastest Threads by Dowling508
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna II Hand brake not working Brakes/Hubs Smokingman 1 1215 15th March 2012 08:47 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome