Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Any quick cure for sqeaky brakes?

View Single Post
post #37 of (permalink) Old 15th March 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Any quick cure for sqeaky brakes?

The brakes on my 2006 (built 2004) Scenic have squealed on and off since it was new. I have found that cleaning the brakes and adding a smear of copper grease to the rear of the pad does reduce the noise for a while. I did swap the all pads at 40k although there was plenty of wear left in them and I used unbranded pads although these have worked ok they are prone to sqealing like the originals. The replacement pads did not come with new clips like some of the renault kits appear to and the brakes (original and replaacement) have no shims fitted front or rear. A search of the Web does not bring up any brake clips

A friend had a Megane with the same squeaking problem and the dealer apparently fitted a replacement part that cured the noise but she didnt know exactly what they did. Is it possible that a new type of clip and/or shim was introduced? My front brakes are the Bosch type. I may replace my pads soon and would like to finally eliminate the squeal.
Currently in bluemonkey's garage:
Scenic 1.6vvt + 1.5 Scenic DCI 2004 + Dacia Duster 1.5 Dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome