Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Complete brake lock up

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 19th March 2012 Thread Starter
andy and trooper
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Complete brake lock up

Originally Posted by mord View Post
did you feel any hear any extra motor noise or vibration on the brake pedal, when pressing (when ABS motor kicks in, it makes the the brake pedal keel like your pressing on a fast rotating square bar)
*** No noise what so ever or any vibrations on pedal or any other part of the car ****

do you have a handbrake(old style) in the middle consol (between seats or on the dashboard?)
if on the dash then it should be full electronic handbrake, or is it small grab handle type???
is it manual or auto gearbox?
*** Between the seats ***

were there any ABS errors on screen?
** no, screen all clear and even on the time of not being able to accelarate , I looked at the dash incase of any lights *****8

if the handbrake is ALL cable from the calipers to the handbrake then it might not have been the brakes, did you drop it out of gear (freewheel) was it still slowing...
*** Yes, but as the cat slowed,I had to put it back in gear to drive it 10 mts or so to get it off the road into a safe spot... also freewheeled the car to see if I could any type of noise
Thanks for reply

Clio owner
Currently in andy and trooper's garage:
2004 renault clio
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome