Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 2 "No Fault Logged"

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 30th September 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Mine's back in at the dealer today. It came up with "fuel injection fault" and "anti-pollution control fault" yesterday. The former went away after turning off and restarting the engine (essential, seeing as it won't rev over 2500rpm while there's an injection fault showing) but the ECU warning light stayed on and the voice synth reported the anti-pollution fault every time.

So I booked it into the dealer for today, and (surprise surprise) it started up normally this morning. The hire car would already have been dropped off at the dealer, so it would have been silly to cancel. I'm just hoping that there's something logged in the fault codes - by my reckoning, if the yellow light has been lit, then something should be stored. If there isn't, then I suppose it's just fingers crossed that it behaves itself for the next month (at which ponit, the car is somebody else's problem.)

Dealers reactions to intermittent ECU faults seem to be variable to say the least. In my experience, the good ones will do their level best to find the fault anyway, and will tweak this, that and the other in spite of their being no evidence of a fault. The worst will (in so many words) call you a liar. The middle ground goes along the lines of "we can't find anything, so we haven't done anything." It's a good test of whether or not you're dealing with a decent dealer.

The really galling bit is that I'm running round for today in a Peugeot 407 2.0 HDi - the car I really wanted next (though in Exec trim) and couldn't have because the lease costs were ridiculous. It's like losing on Bullseye and having Jim Bowen say "Here's what you could have won." Yes, the new Laguna Initiale's a better spec, is cheaper to lease, and doesn't have the sound effects for Atari Pong hooked up to the indicators, but I feel like an absolute mug for handing over more money to Renault.

I know having a downer on Renault is kind of frowned upon on this forum. Sorry, but I'm having a bad car day.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome